Sons of Midgard
Steadfast adherence to order and the rule of law. Duty above all else. These are the hallmarks of the warden, those men and women who put the good of the community they serve above their own desires. To the wardens, law is an end in itself. Law is the key to preserving both society and indeed, civilisation. It matters not whether the law is good or oppressive, order must be maintained. Drawing on the supreme power of order in the universe, wardens are living embodiments of law and always seek to strike at the heart of chaos and disorder. Forces that wish to destroy all that law has built. Towns, cities, kingdoms, empires. These are the things wardens will protect, no matter the cost. The law is greater than the individual.
Full Base Attack Bonus progression.
Base Saves as paladin.
- Aura of Law – the power of a warden’s aura of law is equal to their class level.
- Detect Chaos – at will the warden can detect chaos as the spell.
- Smite Chaos 1/day – functions as paladin’s Smite Evil except target must be chaos-aligned.
- Spells – same spell progression as Inquisitor. Spell list also same as inquisitor, with some exceptions. Full spell list to be provided.
- Hand of Order – the warden can touch a creature to grant it resistance 5 to a specific elemental energy type for 1 round per 2 warden levels. This bonus increases by 5 at 7th level and every five levels beyond that to a maximum of resistance 20 at 17th level. The warden may also touch a creature to deal 1d6 points of energy damage of the chosen type per 2 warden levels.
- Divine Grace
- Divine Health
- Aura of Courage
- Law’s Respite – at 3rd level and every three levels beyond, the warden may choose a respite which when used with Hand of Order will heal a status effect based on the type of energy channelled. The respites are as follows:
- Fire – Blinded
- Cold – Poisoned
- Electricity – Cursed
- Acid – Stunned
- Sonic – Shaken
- Channel Elemental Energy – at 4th level the warden may channel elemental energy like the cleric channels positive or negative energy, using their warden level as their effective cleric level. When the warden channels energy, they choose whether to grant energy resistance or deal damage of the chosen energy type. This is a charisma-based ability.
- Smite Chaos 2/day
- Divine Bond – functions as paladin ability but the weapon enhancement, holy, is removed as an option.
- Aura of Resolve – a warden is immune to charm spells and spell-like abilities. Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against charm effects. This ability functions only while the warden is conscious, not if they are unconscious or dead.
- Aura of Justice – a warden can expend two uses of their smite chaos ability to grant the ability to smite chaos to all allies within 10 feet, using their bonuses. Allies must use this smite chaos ability by the start of the warden’s next turn and the bonuses last for 1 minute. Using this ability is a free action. Chaotic creatures gain no benefit from this ability.
- Aura of Faith – a warden’s weapons are treated as law-aligned for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction. Any attack made against an enemy within 10 feet of her is treated as law-aligned for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction. This ability functions only while the warden is conscious, not if they are unconscious or dead.
- Aura of Righteousness – a warden gains DR 5/chaos and immunity to compulsion spells and spell-like abilities. Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against compulsion effects. This ability functions only while the warden is conscious, not if they are unconscious or dead.
- Paragon of Order – a warden becomes a conduit for the power of absolute law/their god. Their DR increases to 10/chaos. Whenever they use smite chaos and successfully strike a chaotic outsider, the outsider is also subject to a banishment, using their warden level as the caster level (their weapon and holy symbol automatically count as objects that the subject hates). After the banishment effect and the damage from the attack is resolved, the smite immediately ends. In addition, whenever they channel elemental energy or use hand of order to grant energy resistance, they grant double the maximum possible amount.